CrescentLink Desktop User Guide Series
Once equipment has been built it is possible to save these configurations for future use either locally or as shared files so they can be accessed throughout the organization (Note: properties and port configurations of equipment will be preserved but connections between equipment are not).
Step-by-step details can be found here: Modeling Equipment in Network Manager to use as Templates
In the equipment display area, right click on a piece of equipment and select Save as Template. Equipment templates will be saved to the user profile folder location:
AppData is a hidden folder. To see this folder click on the View tab at the top of the file explorer window, then check on Hidden items in the Show/Hide panel.
In the equipment display area, right click on a piece of equipment and select Save as Shared Template. Equipment templates will be saved to a location that is based on a stored path in the CrescentLink sdm_Config table.
The sdm_Config table is used in CrescentLink to make adjustments pertaining to measurements, coax equipment, and shared templates. Example KeyName values in the sdm_Config table:
- measure_display_units: Allows units to be interchanged between feet, meters, kilometers and miles in CrescentLink.
- measure_decimal_places: Allows adjustment for the number of decimal places displayed in CrescentLink.
- Tap 1x2: For use of tap configuration (Coax equipment only).
- Tap 2x2: For use of tap configuration (Coax equipment only).
- Amp 1GHz: For use of amp configuration (Coax equipment only).
- Node 1GHz: For use of node configuration (Coax equipment only).
- Templates: Determines location for Shared Templates so they may be accessed throughout the organization.
Attachments were first introduced by Esri in ArcGIS 10.0 and are now easily accessible within the Network Manager tool. The Network Manager tool has been updated to show a new button that provides easy access to the CrescentLink Attachment Manager window. This helps with viewing, creating and deleting attachments on the following supported feature classes and tables once attachments have been enabled on them.
Attachments added with the CrescentLink Attachment Manager are supported by all Esri tools that support Attachments. This includes ArcGIS Server, Collector, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, and others. Attachments are currently not a replacement for the existing Network Manager Image tools. Images and Attachments can be used in conjunction with each other.
To add an attachment, click on the paperclip icon then CrescentLink Attachment Manager. From the Manager window, a file can be added, removed, viewed and saved back out to disk.
CrescentLink Attachment Manager supports images, PDFs, text documents, or any other type of file. When viewing the attached files supported software to view the file is required to be installed.
Splice Points & Equipment:
Prior to version 4.0 of the Network Manager, only images could be added to splice points. This functionality is still available for users. To add an image to a splice point:
- select a splice point using the Network Manager,
- click on the paperclip icon and select “Add Image” under the “CrescentLink Image” option.
- Browse to the desired image, or images, and add. Additional images may be added by right clicking the first image and repeating the process.
Click the blue arrow to scroll through multiple images and double click the image to open the CrescentLink Image Viewer. Images can be given a title and notes in the image viewer.
To see the quantity of attachments, hover over any of the paperclips and the count will display the quantity of attachments for that feature.
Continue to the next article in the User Guide series: Managing Fiber Colors in Network Manager